Today’s workout was a little tough. I’ve had some kind of stomach flu since Tuesday night and some horrible abdominal cramping to go along with it. Today has been quite a bit better, but I still haven’t been eating as much as I normally would on a workout day. For this reason, I felt weak during my chest and tricep exercises. I hate that feeling!
For my cardio workout, all I did was walk. On Tuesday after my back and biceps workout I did steady state cardio and started to get really bad cramps – that’s when the flu-like stuff started. So today I just walked. And walked. And walked. And walked. I burned almost 600 calories in the process!
Flat barbell bench press
- Warm-up set: 1 x 20 reps, 35#
- 3 sets x 6 reps, 75#
Incline barbell bench press
- 1 set x 6 reps (then I got pissed because I was struggling and switched to using dumbbells…)
Incline dumbbell bench press
- 2 sets x 12 reps, 15# dumbbells
Wide grip pressdown
- 3 sets x 12 reps, 30#
Skullcrushers (Lying triceps extensions with EZ curl bar)
- 3 sets x 15, 15#
- 30 minutes @ 10% incline
- 30 minutes @ 5 % incline
- First 40 minutes @ 4 mph (brisk walking pace)
- Next 25 minutes @ 3.5 mph
- Last 5 minutes @ 4 mph – I started going faster because I wanted to make it to 4 miles but I didn’t quite make it!
Total Time: 60 minutes
Total Distance: 3.875 miles
Total Calories Burned: 586
The weekend’s almost here – woohoo!!! I hope you have a fantastic one!
All the best,