Familiar with BodyPump? BodyPump has been around for over 20 years and is the #1 group fitness class taken at gyms WORLDWIDE. Beachbody, the #1 leader in home fitness programs, is now offering the Les Mills BodyPump programming! Through Beachbody, the program is called Les Mills PUMP and is based entirely on the BodyPump classes but has been adapted for the at-home user.
More on Les Mills BodyPump – The Classes
- Launched in 1990
- Total body workout
- Taught in over 14,000 clubs, in 80 countries and to more than 5 MILLION people per week
- Weight training workout based on ‘The Rep Effect’
- They spend $$$ on the latest music to get it licensed for their program use
- Equipment-based workout
- 800+ reps PER class
What is ‘The Rep Effect’
The Rep Effect is designed to push your body to shed fat at a rapid pace while building long, lean muscles – without bulk. But we already know weightlifting won’t make us bulky, right ladies? Weightlifting helps us build lean muscle which will help you burn more fat. And did I mention lifting makes you stronger? NOT BULKY!
The Rep Effect consists of using a light amount of weight while performing a high number of reps.
More on Les Mills – The Creator of BodyPump
Les Mills is a real person. His company, Les Mills International, is based in Auckland, New Zealand. Les Mills is a former Olympian who represented New Zealand in the Olympics and also the Commonwealth Games over a span of TWO decades. His personal best was the gold medal he received in the discus event at the 1966 British Empire & Commonwealth Games. He also served as the Auckland City Mayor from 1990-1998.
Bringing BodyPUMP to Beachbody as Les Mills Pump
Now, although the group fitness classes offered in gyms are called ‘BodyPump’, the program available through Beachbody is called ‘Les Mills PUMP’. It’s a barbell-based weight-training program that is basically the same Bodypump workout but has been adapted for home users.
A Look at Each of the Les Mills Pump Phases:
If you normally take BodyPump classes and you can’t make it to the gym, you can now do the workouts at home!
Phase 2 Schedule:
Who is Les Mills Pump For?
- Any fitness level (beginners, intermediate or advanced)
- Men and women
- Athletes looking to strengthen all muscle groups for better performance
- Anybody looking to chisel their bodies and develop strong, lean muscle
- Anybody who wants to do a hybrid of workouts – Les Mills Pump will work beautifully with any other workout (provided it’s not strength training) because the actual Pump workouts are only done 3x each week.
What’s in the Base Les Mills PUMP Kit?
- 7 Workouts on DVD (including Les Mills Pump Challenge and Les Mills Pump N Burn)
- +1 Coach Exclusive workout if you order here – ‘Les Mills Core’
- 2 – 5# plates
- 2 – 10# plates
- Barbell + collars/clips to keep plates in place
- Nutrition guide
- Fitness guide
What’s in the Les Mills Pump Deluxe Package?
With the deluxe package, you get everything you see listed in the base package above plus the following:
- Step Platform plus 4 risers
- 2 additional 5# weight plates
- 3 sports-inspired cardio workouts (Les Mills Step, Sports Attack and Combat)
What I Love About Les Mills PUMP:
- The actual pump workouts are performed 3 days per week. This means you can easily use this program in conjunction with other fitness activities or programs.
- It includes a barbell! I already have 2 large barbells (35# and 45#) but I don’t have smaller ones so I’m really excited for this! Those who already have a lot of equipment may not be as excited as I am. (They currently do not offer the program without the equipment.)
- It comes with 7+ workouts! Some of these include Flow Yoga, Pump Extreme, Pump & Shred, Pump and Burn and Pump Basics to name a few.
- Perfect for beginners! New to weights or working out in general? No problem! You can do each workout with your own bodyweight – you don’t have to use weights right away. As you get stronger you can begin to implement use of the barbell.
- Standard 1″ weight plates WILL fit on the Les Mills Pump Bar – I know, because I’ve done it!
Sneak Peek at Les Mills PUMP
See my final Les Mills Pump results here.
Les Mills Pump Workout Reviews:
- Les Mills Pump Challenge
- Les Mills Pump and Burn
- Les Mills Pump and Shred
- Les Mills Pump Revolution
- Les Mills Pump Extreme
*****Update: 3/12/15 ~ sadly, Les Mills Pump has been retired and is now sold out.*****
Latest posts by Mindi (see all)
- Portrait of a Mother: Kira Martin - August 4, 2015
- Sticky Prints Studio: Fitness Stickers for Your Planner - July 22, 2015
- Cize Dance Fitness Program by Shaun T (Special Offer!) - July 21, 2015