I just found out over the weekend that January 24th is National Peanut Butter Day. I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER!!! I couldn’t skip the perfect opportunity to write about one of my favorite foods. I think I eat peanut butter just about every single day. It’s a staple in our home and I can’t live without it. Take away my peanut butter, take away my LIFE. haha
So for the sake of “fun-ness”, this post is all about peanut butter. You never know, you might learn somethin’.
Peanut Butter Fun Facts
- “Arachibutyrophobia” (pronounced I-RA-KID-BU-TI-RO-PHO-BI-A) is the fear of getting peanut butter stuck to the roof of your mouth.
- The world’s largest peanut butter factory churns out 250,000 jars of the tasty treat every day.
- The average American consumes more than six pounds of peanuts and peanut butter products each year. <—I think I have this beat, but I will NOT be measuring for fear of being disgusted.
- Women and children prefer creamy, while most men opt for chunky. Ever tried chunky? It feels like you’re eating rocks. Who loves feeling like something was just jabbed into their gums? 40% of people who like peanut butter, that’s who.
- The amount of peanut butter eaten in a year could wrap the earth in a ribbon of 18-ounce peanut butter jars one and one-third times.
- The peanut growth cycle from planting to harvest is 120 to 160 days or about five months.
- The world’s largest peanut butter and jelly sandwich measured 40 feet long. It contained 150 pounds of peanut butter and 50 pounds of jelly. It was created November 6, 1993 in Peanut, Pennsylvania.
- It takes almost 850 peanuts to make an 18 oz jar of peanut butter!
- Georgia is the #1 peanut producing state, but did you know that Texas is #2.
Peanut Butter Recipes
Peanut Butter Apple Rings (Jif.com)
These actually look pretty good and I imagine that it tastes good too. If you don’t like raisins, leave ’em out. If you don’t like granola cereal either, just eat the apple with peanut butter.
Lower Carb Peanut Butter Dessert (Sparkpeople.com)
Reviews of this dish are excellent! 5/5 stars. Some say it’s pretty rich in taste so I’m not sure I’d be able to eat much of it since I don’t really have a big sweet tooth, but it does look tasty. It’s made with cream cheese – which I love. Also, Cool Whip, sugar-free chocolate pudding and a few other things. This Sparkpeople user adjusted the recipe a bit to make it a lower carb version than the original.
My personal favorite? Peanut Butter Pancakes!!
Can you sense my excitement? I’ll take peanut butter waffles too. You can make them pretty healthy by adding fruit and using 1/4 cup sugar-free syrup and a glob (or 4) of natural peanut butter. The closest I’ve gotten to using natural peanut butter so far is Natural Jif Creamy (lower in sodium than the original) and I’m okay with that!
Peanut Butter Protein Bars
Do you like peanut butter protein bars?
I put together a comparison chart to make it easy to compare nutritional information. You can enlarge it by clicking on it, I know it’s kinda hard to see.
===> P.S. Have you ever heard of a fluffernutter sandwich before? I hadn’t but it’s marshmallow fluff and peanut butter on bread. Can you even open your mouth or chew with all that sticky goo inside? I’m getting a pretty funny visual trying to imagine it.
Also, what’s your favorite way to eat peanut butter?