Many people admire Biggest Loser trainer Jillian Michaels because she’s tough and people know she means business. If you’re ever short on motivation, it may help to read some of her quotes. She has said some pretty amazing things and if you’ve ever heard her speak, you know what I’m talkin’ about.
She has said so many things that could’ve made the list so it was hard to narrow it down but I chose the ones that really made me think or laugh out loud.
If you know of a favorite Jillian Michaels quote that isn’t shared here, feel free to add it as a comment below for other people to read – let’s help each other get motivated so we can stay committed and be excited about it! The only person that can hold you back IS YOU.
My Top 12 Jillian Michaels Quotes
- “Unless You Puke, Faint or Die, Keep Going!” (Making the Cut: The 30-Day Diet and Fitness Plan for the Strongest, Sexiest You)
- “The past doesn’t define you, your present does. It’s ok to create a vision of the future because it affects your behavior in the “now”. But, don’t dwell on past mistakes, learn from them and focus those lessons in the moment. That’s where change can really happen. Remember that transformation is a present activity.” (Facebook 3.18.11)
- “Sometimes people will hear you and be healthy to change their behavior, but often their behavior has more to do with their own need for approval than with your need for support. No matter what their response, you need to be firm and hold your ground. At the end of the day, your health is your responsibility.” (Winning by Losing: Drop the Weight, Change Your Life)
- “This is where it matters the most. This is where lives are made, in these moments when you can choose whether or not to say “I can’t” or “I can.” It is a choice that will either make or break you for life.” (Biggest Loser)
- “I just look at a bagel and my a*s gets bigger!”
- “If you’re not failing, you’re not trying hard enough.”
- “Why choose to fail when success is an option?”
- “Selfish isn’t a dirty word. It means we take care of ourselves and are able to give back.”
- “As u envision the changes in ur future u have to let go of the mistakes in ur past. Learn from them then let em go! Transformation is not 5 min from now, it’s a present activity. In this moment u CAN make a different choice & it’s these small choices & successes that build up over time to help cultivate a healthy self image & self esteem. What are u gonna do differently today to live happier & healthier? (Facebook 4.06.11)
- “Don’t blame anyone or anything for your situation or problems. When you do that, you are saying that you are powerless over your own life – which is utter crap. An empowering step to reclaiming your life is taking responsibility.” (Facebook 1.12.11)
- “Most people sabotage themselves because they aren’t mindful in the moment. Let your daily actions be governed by your goals & dreams. Whenever you are making an important decision first ask if it gets you closer to your goals or farther away. If the answer is closer, pull the trigger. If it’s farther away make a different choice. Conscious choice making is a critical step in making your dreams a reality.” (Facebook 3.27.11)
- “Fear of failure can be paralyzing. But surely you’ve heard “if your not failing your not trying”? Evidence that failure is all a matter of perspective. Think of all the people you admire, I guarantee you they all failed at one time or another. The key is to recognize setbacks for what they really are – entry points for learning not validation that you aren’t good enough. After a disappointment analyze your actions, get feedback from friends & take inventory of what you could do better next time. This type of self-reflection & improvement will ultimately make success inevitable.” (Facebook 3.6.11)
And my personal favorite:
“Be brave and be patient. Have establishment in yourself; trust in the significance of your life and the purpose of your passion. You are strong enough to sit in the space between spaces and grant divine inspiration to shed some light. When you place positive energy and productive effort into the world it will come back to you. Occasionally in ways you might not immediately comprehend and on a time frame you didn’t expect. Look. Listen. Learn. Stay open. Your destiny is awaiting you.” (Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life)
Latest posts by Mindi (see all)
- Friday Favorites 19: Body Image, NO Cardio + Diesel’s Resting Place - May 1, 2015
- Thinking Out Loud: Refusing to Surrender + Eating Like a Horse - April 30, 2015
- My Top 9 Favorite Home Workouts of All Time - April 29, 2015